Position : Senior Research Associate
Email : email@example.com
- Magnetospheric and Ionospheric Wave-Particle Interactions
- Nonlinear Plasma Dynamics
- Antennas in Plasmas
- Satellite VLF/ELF Wave Measurements
- VLF Remote Diagnostics
- Lightning Effects
- B.S., Stanford University
- M.S., Stanford University
- Ph.D., Stanford University
Specific Research Interests
- interactions between VLF/ELF waves and energetic particles in the magnetosphere
- non-linear plasma dynamics
- characteristics of antennas in plasmas
- VLF/ELF wave injection experiments in ionosphere and magnetosphere
- wave propagation in space plasmas
- remote sensing of magnetosphere and trapped particle population using VLF/ELF waves
- controlled generation of micropulsations using VLF transmitters
- the origin and effects of VLF line radiation in the magnetosphere
- satellite measurements of VLF/ELF waves in the magnetosphere
- effects of lightning discharges on ionosphere
- On Stanford research staff since 1966.
- Member: Sigma Xi, URSI, AGU, California Scholarship Federation, Advisory panels to NASA.
- Awards: NASA Public Service Group Achievement Award (1979).
- Author of over 100 scientific and technical papers.